Friday, January 6, 2012

Chicken Suiza Melts

I don't know about you, but I am still recovering from Christmas and New Years...in fact, my tree and decor is still up (((gasp!)))  It doesn't help that I tweaked my lower back this week and ended up on a heating pad for the first part of the week.  Whatever the reason, my house is still thrashed and I still feel like I ran a 2 week race.   It is times like this (as well as many other times our crazy schedule has us running, running, running), I love a super quick and easy meal that is super tasty for the entire family and makes minimal mess.  This recipe definitely fits that bill.  I made the kiddos little sliders using Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and made ours using store bought Kaiser Rolls.  This delicious 15-minute ditty is a definite repeat for sure!

Chicken Suiza Melts
Recipe Source:  Cassie Craves via Everyday with Rachael Ray
  • 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 TBSP honey
  • 1 1/2 cups store-bought tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
  • 4 crusty sandwich rolls, split
  • 4 slices Monterey jack cheese
Preheat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and honey, then stir in the salsa and heat through. Mix in the sour cream. Stir in the chicken to coat.
Pile the chicken mixture on the roll bottoms. Top with the cheese and broil to melt.

This recipe has been linked up at:
The Country Cook
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home
This Chick Cooks

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing! Simple too. Thanks for sharing with Foodie Friday! You are going to be bad for my ever growing "To Try" stack of recipes, I can tell....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try these forever! They look delish... MMmmm look at cheese! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah..those look pretty much insanly delicious AND quick!I love me some Hawaiian Rolls

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look insanely delicious. Sorry to hear about your back and hope you are feeling better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your back is better Sweetie Pie! LOVE the looks of this yummy ditty of a meal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! That sounds really good!

    Stopping by from Tempt my Tummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Siggy, I made these for dinner last night and they were super yummy. May I please share the recipe on my blog? Thanks friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CrownQQ Agen DominoQQ BandarQ dan Domino99 Online Terbesar

    Yuk Buruan ikutan bermain di website CrownQQ

    Sekarang CROWNQQ Memiliki Game terbaru Dan Ternama loh...

    9 permainan :
    => Poker
    => Bandar Poker
    => Domino99
    => BandarQ
    => AduQ
    => Sakong
    => Capsa Susun
    => Bandar 66
    => Perang Baccarat (NEW GAME)

    => Bonus Refferal 20%
    => Bonus Turn Over 0,5%
    => Minimal Depo 20.000
    => Minimal WD 20.000
    => 100% Member Asli
    => Pelayanan DP & WD 24 jam
    => Livechat Kami 24 Jam Online
    => Bisa Dimainkan Di Hp Android
    => Di Layani Dengan 5 Bank Terbaik
    => 1 User ID 9 Permainan Menarik

    Ayo gabung sekarang juga hanya dengan
    mengklick daftar crownqq

    Link Resmi CrownQQ:
    Idcrownqq,com
    Idcrownqq,net
    Idcrownqq,org
    Idcrownqq,info

    BACA JUGA BLOGSPORT KAMI:
    Info CrownQQ
    CrownQQWIN
    Berita dan Info Dunia
    Entertainmensartis

    Info Lebih lanjut Kunjungi
    WHATSAPP : +6287771354805
    LINE : CS CROWNQQ
    TELEGRAM : +855882357563

    ReplyDelete